Date:	Tue, 3 Apr 2012 22:26:42 +0800
From:	Teck Choon Giam <giamteckchoon@...il.com>
To:	Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@...cle.com>
Cc:	Greg KH <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>,
	Suresh Siddha <suresh.b.siddha@...el.com>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, mingo@...e.hu, stable@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Don't apply 9f022e54b8ea82d1ecdf3bd78d9ab9f44d6b0655 to stable please.

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 9:28 PM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
<konrad.wilk@...cle.com> wrote:
>> > Author: Suresh Siddha <suresh.b.siddha@...el.com>
>> > Date:   Mon Mar 12 11:36:33 2012 -0700
>> >
>> >     x86/ioapic: Add register level checks to detect bogus io-apic entries
>> >
>> > With out this commit, if the bios lists bogus io-apic's, then we will
>> > see some error messages ("Unable to reset IRR for apic")during linux
>> > boot which are benign. But as this patch breaks Xen, I am ok if these
>> > don't get applied to 'stable'. Also I think it is Ingo who added the
>> > 'stable' tag. Ingo, are you ok with this?
>>
>> What stable trees did this already go into in the releases today?
>
> I see it in v3.2.x as:
> 273fb19 x86/ioapic: Add register level checks to detect bogus io-apic entries
>
> And in 3.0.x:
> c2ec63e x86/ioapic: Add register level checks to detect bogus io-apic entries

And does this also affect 3.3.x?  I haven't test but guess it will?

# git log | grep -B 5 'x86/ioapic: Add register level checks to detect
bogus io-apic entries'

commit a998dc2fa76f496d2944f0602b920d1d10d7467d
Author: Suresh Siddha <suresh.b.siddha@...el.com>
Date:   Mon Mar 12 11:36:33 2012 -0700

    x86/ioapic: Add register level checks to detect bogus io-apic entries

Thanks.

Kindest regards,
Giam Teck Choon