Date:	Thu, 3 May 2012 16:44:39 -0500
From:	Tyler Hicks <tyhicks@...onical.com>
To:	Sasha Levin <levinsasha928@...il.com>
Cc:	Sasha Levin <sasha.levin@...cle.com>, dustin.kirkland@...zang.com,
	Dave Jones <davej@...hat.com>,
	ecryptfs@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: ecryptfs: Kernel BUG when closing device

On 2012-05-03 18:22:01, Sasha Levin wrote:
> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 6:17 PM, Tyler Hicks <tyhicks@...onical.com> wrote:
> > On 2012-05-03 08:00:03, Sasha Levin wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> After some fuzzing using trinity inside a KVM guest, I've stumbled on the following:
> >
> > Hi Sasha - Thanks for reporting this issue. Is there any way to get
> > trinity to reproduce this fuzzing sequence?
>
> Hi Tyler,
>
> Not really, since it's not the result of a single command it can't
> recreate it easily.
>
> On the other hand, I'd be happy to add any debugging ideas you have
> into the tested kernel and attempt to recreate the issue.

I appreciate the offer, but I was able to reproduce the issue pretty
easily. Inherited and passed file descriptors of /dev/ecryptfs are not
handled properly. I've opened this bug to track the resolution:

https://launchpad.net/bugs/994247

Tyler

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (837 bytes)