Date:	Wed, 16 May 2012 06:46:46 +0200
From:	Sam Ravnborg <sam@...nborg.org>
To:	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
Cc:	sfr@...b.auug.org.au, mmarek@...e.cz, linux-next@...r.kernel.org,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the kbuild tree with the
	sparc-next tree

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 11:57:47PM -0400, David Miller wrote:
> From: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@...b.auug.org.au>
> Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 13:44:30 +1000
>
> > Today's linux-next merge of the kbuild tree got a conflict in
> > arch/sparc/boot/Makefile between commit 51f19cfa76d7 ("sparc32: drop
> > build time btfixup patching") from the sparc-next tree and commit
> > 95698570510b ("kbuild: refactor final link of sparc32") from the kbuild
> > tree.
> >
> > I have no idea, so I used the version from the sparc-next tree.
> >
> > Sam, can you have a look and work this out, please?
>
> As Sam states in:
>
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/159094/
>
> 	This patch will conflict badly with a patch in kbuild-next.
>
> 	The fix is simple - drop all changes from kbuild-next.
>
> :-)
The above comment is true for both arch/sparc/Makefile and
arch/sparc/bot/Makefile.

sparc-next will also conflict with net-next.

net-next add the following line to arch/sparc/Makefile:
+core-y                 += arch/sparc/net/

The fix is to add this line to the newly introduced
arch/sparc/Kbuild file like this:

obj-y += net/

Sorry for these conflicts but we have been busy in sparc land
this round.

	Sam