Date:	Mon, 28 May 2012 07:16:57 +0200
From:	Takashi Iwai <tiwai@...e.de>
To:	Jörg-Volker Peetz <jvpeetz@....de>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, Tejun Heo <tj@...nel.org>,
	Fengguang Wu <fengguang.wu@...el.com>
Subject: Re: Linux 3.4 released

At Sun, 27 May 2012 15:03:41 +0200,
Jörg-Volker Peetz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> meanwhile I tried the support of vga-switcheroo for HD-audio from your git tree
> without success.
>
> Since I'm not familiar with git I'll describe what I did:
>
> $ git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git
> $ cd linux
> $ git reset --keep v3.4
> $ git pull git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git
> tags/hda-switcheroo

Pulling sound git tree branch onto 3.4 (or a tree without a proper
update of DRM tree) is known to be broken because it misses a few fix
commits in the VGA switcheroo part.

Linus already merged the HD-audio vga-switcheroo support in his tree.
So, just pull Linus tree and use it as is.

If it still causes the problem, get debugfs output of vga switcheroo
and the kernel messages before switching off D-GPU.

Takashi