Date:	Wed, 30 May 2012 12:44:03 +0200
From:	Borislav Petkov <bp@...64.org>
To:	Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>
Cc:	Jeroen Van den Keybus <jeroen.vandenkeybus@...il.com>,
	Borislav Petkov <bp@...64.org>,
	Josh Boyer <jwboyer@...il.com>,
	Clemens Ladisch <clemens@...isch.de>, andymatei@...il.com,
	"Huang, Shane" <Shane.Huang@....com>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	Müller Keve <keve@....hu>
Subject: Re: Unhandled IRQs on AMD E-450

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 02:07:20AM +0200, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> I have no objections to improve the spurious/poll handling but this
> has do be done more carefully.
>
> Also I'm very interested to figure out the root cause of this problem
> first. You provided quite some information already, but I'm still
> waiting for some more.
>
> Aside of that it would be helpful if the AMD folks could try to get
> some more information about this issue on the documentation/errata
> level. Boris ???

Hmm,

from reading what people have debugged so far, this looks like a problem
with the Asmedia ASM1083 PCIe-PCI bridge:

http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=132793745319418

and both Intel and AMD boards which are integrating this thing are
affected.

There's even a great message from Asmedia at the end of the thread, it
is a lot of fun reading.

As always, I'll try to ask around but can't promise anything. We
probably need to get some Intel folk involved too.

@Müller: can you send me the mail address of that Asmedia contact
privately? If ASUS are on CC, them too.

Thanks.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Advanced Micro Devices GmbH
Einsteinring 24, 85609 Dornach
GM: Alberto Bozzo
Reg: Dornach, Landkreis Muenchen
HRB Nr. 43632 WEEE Registernr: 129 19551