Date:	Thu, 7 Jun 2012 11:11:05 +0200
From:	"IJMIR (Leiden University & Springer)" <noreply@...denuniv.nl>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Inaugural Issue: Int. Jnl. Multimedia Information Retrieval

Dear Colleagues
Dear Colleagues,

We invite you to celebrate the publication of the first issue of
the International Journal of Multimedia Information Retrieval (IJMIR)
with us. You as an academic, industrial researcher or practitioner
involved with multimedia search, exploration will find IJMIR
to be an essential source for important results in your field.

Journal Contents:
http://springer.r.delivery.net/r/r?2.1.Ee.2Tp.1dk%5fUn.C2k0kS.1.N.V91I.3qbI.bW89MQ%5f%5fDIZQFRB0

- Multimedia information retrieval in the twenty-first century
  Michael S. Lew

- The heterogeneous feature selection with structural sparsity for multimedia
annotation and hashing: a survey
  Fei Wu, Yahong Han, Xiang Liu, Jian Shao, Yueting Zhuang and Zhongfei Zhang

- Bridging the gap between expert and novice users for video search
  Martin Halvey and Joemon M. Jose

- Multimodal Image Retrieval
  Stefan Romberg, Rainer Lienhart and Eva Hörster

- Large-scale near-duplicate image retrieval by kernel density estimation
  Wei Tong, Fengjie Li, Rong Jin and Anil Jain

- Multimedia semantics-aware query-adaptive hashing with bits
reconfigurability
  Yadong Mu, Xiangyu Chen, Xianglong Liu, Tat-Seng Chua and Shuicheng Yan

Read for Free:
International Journal of Multimedia Information Retrieval (IJMIR)
<http://springer.r.delivery.net/r/r?2.1.Ee.2Tp.1dk%5fUn.C2k0kS.1.N.V91K.3qbI.bW89MQ%5f%5fDJAEFRD0>

The inaugural issue is opened up for you!
This special service will continue until June 30.

A Message from the Editor-in-Chief,

Welcome, friends and colleagues,

It is my pleasure to introduce the inaugural issue of the
International Journal of Multimedia Information Retrieval (IJMIR).
Our new journal encompasses all topics related to retrieval, exploration,
and mining of media databases and collections. It combines the vibrant
areas related to retrieval of images, audio, video, and medical and
scientific imagery with understanding of the human side of the system
including the social aspects which are crucial to interactive search.

A major strength of our field is that it plays an important role in
diverse scientific fields because many significant recent discoveries
have been made through analyzing and searching local and international
imaging databases. These discoveries have covered areas ranging from
genetics & bio-informatics to computer aided medical diagnosis to the
search for new planets in astronomy.

Another strength is the high level of interaction between researchers and
users/practitioners (i.e. IBM, Microsoft, Yahoo) which is also represented
by our editorial board.

I would like to thank all of the people who helped start this journal:
our founding editorial board, the editorial staff at Springer, and most
importantly, our scientific community.

Best regards,

Dr. Michael S. Lew
Editor-in-Chief
International Journal of Multimedia Information Retrieval

This email was originally sent to linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org

Use this URL to be removed from our email list:
http://media.liacs.nl/email/rememail.php?id=PcI7fWmhs3gdx3x1DyPtM4ygwE3DxkBfyMkkbBN