Date:	Wed, 13 Jun 2012 23:20:15 +0000
From:	"Luck, Tony" <tony.luck@...el.com>
To:	Seiji Aguchi <seiji.aguchi@....com>,
	Mike Waychison <mikew@...gle.com>
CC:	"linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org" <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	"linux-doc@...r.kernel.org" <linux-doc@...r.kernel.org>,
	"Matthew Garrett (mjg@...hat.com)" <mjg@...hat.com>,
	"gong.chen@...ux.intel.com" <gong.chen@...ux.intel.com>,
	"keescook@...omium.org" <keescook@...omium.org>,
	"rob@...dley.net" <rob@...dley.net>,
	"dle-develop@...ts.sourceforge.net"
	<dle-develop@...ts.sourceforge.net>,
	Satoru Moriya <satoru.moriya@....com>
Subject: RE: [RFC][Patch]efi_pstore:Introduce an efi_pstore_overwrite
 parameter to avoid missing messages in NVRAM

> Should it be in pstore layer?
>  - introducing a new global variable storing a previous trigger.
>  - deciding if we can continue by checking a value of previous trigger at the beginning of pstore_dump().

I think not - the limitation is EFI (ERST can handle several errors, I think that the ramoops
patches are working with the assumption that enough storage is available too).

The question is how easy is it for EFI to determine the "type" of the saved
error (which may be from the previous booted kernel - so no use using a
global variable ... the information needs to be in persistent store).

-Tony