Date:	Thu, 21 Jun 2012 10:12:03 +0100
From:	Mark Brown <broonie@...nsource.wolfsonmicro.com>
To:	Stephen Warren <swarren@...dotorg.org>
Cc:	Liam Girdwood <lrg@...com>,
Subject: Re: boot_on regulator constraint vs. regulator-boot-on DT property

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 07:26:13PM -0600, Stephen Warren wrote:
> On 06/20/2012 05:46 PM, Mark Brown wrote:

> > There's no great inconsistency between the two, this is only
> > supposed to be used for supplies which are already enabled on boot

> Hmm. Perhaps I was misreading machine.h, and "when the system is
> initially started" refers to the first firmware start, rather than
> when /Linux/ starts. If so, then yes I can see it isn't really
> inconsistent.

Yes, that's the idea - it's for telling the core that everything has
been done on the basis that the initial power up state of the system
(possibly after some intervention by the bootloader) should be whatever,
it's not supposed to be an instruction to Linux itself.  Linux should be
using consumers or always on.

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (837 bytes)