Date:	Wed, 27 Jun 2012 09:08:50 +1000
From:	Chris Jones <chrisjones@...n.net.au>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: UEFI and custom kernel

I've been following the news on UEFI and Secureboot pretty closely.
Currently Ubuntu, Fedora and OpenSUSE have pretty in-depth discussion
going on the mailing lists about it all.

Although my technical knowledge about UEFI is pretty vague at current, I
know a little bit of what it's about.

But getting to my question, how will this effect custom Linux kernels?
Or will UEFI support (once added) be simply another kernel module that
can just be carried over from official upstream kernel versions into a
custom set?
If custom kernels are going to all be locked out, then this is going to
upset a lot of kernel developers, such as I!

Regards

--
		Chris Jones @ kernel.devproject@...il.com
                           and oracle.kerneldev@...il.com

OpenSUSE Linux x86_64 (PC)|Android (Smartphone)|Windows 7 (Laptop)|Windows XP (Gaming)
Linux kernel developer|Solaris kernel developer|Lead Developer of SDL|Lead Developer of Nest Linux
Gamer and Emulator nut|Web Services|Digital Imaging Services
Controllers: Rapier V2 Gaming mouse|Logitech Precision|PS3 controller|XB360 controller|Logitech Attack 3 j/stick
Emulators: Fusion|Gens|ZSNES|Project64|PCSX-R|Stella|WinVICE|WinUAE|DOSBox