Date:	Fri, 27 Jul 2012 10:45:14 +0000
From:	Arnd Bergmann <arnd@...db.de>
To:	Thierry Reding <thierry.reding@...onic-design.de>
Cc:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@...gutronix.de>,
	Shawn Guo <shawn.guo@...aro.org>,
	Mark Brown <broonie@...nsource.wolfsonmicro.com>,
	Eric Bénard <eric@...rea.com>,
	Axel Lin <axel.lin@...il.com>,
	Sachin Kamat <sachin.kamat@...aro.org>,
	Alexandre Courbot <acourbot@...dia.com>,
	Alexandre Pereira da Silva <aletes.xgr@...il.com>,
	"Philip, Avinash" <avinashphilip@...com>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] PWM subsystem for v3.6

On Friday 27 July 2012, Thierry Reding wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 02:11:58PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:16 AM, Thierry Reding
> > <thierry.reding@...onic-design.de> wrote:
> > >
> > > The new PWM subsystem aims at collecting all implementations of the
> > > legacy PWM API and to eventually replace it completely. The subsystem
> > > has been in development for over half a year now and many drivers have
> > > already been converted. It has been in linux-next for a couple of weeks
> > > and there have been no major issues so I think it is ready for inclusion
> > > in your tree.
> >
> > For new subsystems like this, I really want ack's from the people who
> > are expected to use it.
>
> At least the patch that adds me as the maintainer is Acked-by: Sascha
> Hauer, who did the original work, and Arnd Bergmann who was involved in
> the review process. Other people such as Shawn Guo and Mark Brown have
> also been reviewing these patches and new patches have been contributed
> by Eric Bénard, Axel Lin, Sachin Kamat, Alexandre Courbot, Alexandre
> Pereira da Silva and Philip Avinash.
>
> I'm adding all of them on Cc so they can ack this (I'm assuming acking
> this email will suffice).

Acked-by: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@...db.de>

Very much Ack on the new subsystem. It uses the interface declarations
as the previously separate pwm drivers, so nothing changes for now
in the drivers using it, although it enables us to change those more
easily in the future if we want to.

This work is also one of the missing pieces that are required to eventually
build ARM kernels for multiple platforms, which is currently prohibited
(amongs other things) by the fact that you cannot have more than one
driver exporting the pwm functions.

	Arnd