Date:	Wed, 8 Aug 2012 13:10:51 +0000 (GMT)
From:	Holger Kiehl <Holger.Kiehl@....de>
To:	Shaohua Li <shli@...nel.org>, "neilb@...e.de" <neilb@...e.de>
cc:	"linux-raid@...r.kernel.org" <linux-raid@...r.kernel.org>,
Subject: What happened to TRIM support for raid linear/0/1/10?

Hello,

I have been using the patches posted by Shaohua Li on 16th March 2012:

    http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1203.2/00048.html

for several month on a very busy file server (serving 9 million files
with 5.3 TiB daily) without any problems.

Is there any chance that these patches will go into the official kernel?
Or what is the reason that these patches are no applied?

I have attached the patch set in one big patch for 3.5. Please do not
use it since I am not sure if it is correct. Shaohua could you please
take a look if it is correct and maybe post a new one?

Personally, I would think that TRIM support MD would be a very good thing.

Regards,
Holger
View attachment "md-trim-3.5.patch" of type "TEXT/PLAIN" (11224 bytes)