Date:	Tue, 14 Aug 2012 21:43:49 +0530
From:	Ajay Garg <ajaygargnsit@...il.com>
To:	richard.weinberger@...il.com, balbi@...com,
	Alan Cox <alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: How to hack syscall-table, in kernel 2.6+ ?

Thanks Richard, Felipe, Alan.

First of all, let me tell you that I am highly previleged talking to
some of the most distinguished hackers in the world.
Alan, I truly admire you :)

So, the use-case I am trying to solve, is that only a particular
process should be able to read a group of files, and no one else (i.e.
no-other-user/ no-other-process/no-other-anything). The only exception
is the "root" user, and any user holding "sudo" previleges.

So, only a particular process (with a specified PID), the superuser,
and any user-carrying-sudo previleges, should be able to read a group
of files.

I am still in the process of reading Felipe's link to SeLinux; and it
seems that there might just be the way to achieve what I want :)
Let me figure out the details :)

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay