Date:	Wed, 10 Oct 2012 16:00:07 +0800
From:	Wen Congyang <wency@...fujitsu.com>
To:	Yasuaki Ishimatsu <isimatu.yasuaki@...fujitsu.com>
CC:	x86@...nel.org, linux-mm@...ck.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	Peter Zijlstra <peterz@...radead.org>,
	David Rientjes <rientjes@...gle.com>,
	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...hat.com>,
	Minchan Kim <minchan@...nel.org>
Subject: Re: hot-added cpu is not asiggned to the correct node

At 09/12/2012 01:33 PM, Yasuaki Ishimatsu Wrote:
> When I hot-added CPUs and memories simultaneously using container driver,
> all the hot-added CPUs were mistakenly assigned to node0.

The reason is that we don't online the node when the cpu is hotadded.

In current kernel, we online a node when:
1. a cpu on the node is onlined(not hotadded)
2. a memory on the node is hotadded

I don't know why we don't online the node when a cpu is hotadded.
I think it is better to online the node when a cpu is hotadded, and
it can fix this problem.

Thanks
Wen Congyang