Date:	Mon, 22 Oct 2012 08:03:51 +0200
From:	Patrik Kullman <patrik.kullman@...il.com>
To:	linux-kernel <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Major performance regressions in 3.7rc1/2

Hi,

I'm using an Asus Zenbook UX31E and have been installing all RCs in
hope of improving the Wireless and Touchpad functionality.
However, when trying 3.7 (rc1 and now rc2) I have major performance issues.

Easiest way to reproduce is to launch and play a game like Nexuiz,
where the computer will lag, stutter and freeze until the machine is
unresponsive within a couple of minutes.
But an easy workload like browsing will also cause lags when switching
tabs or redrawing a web page after a tab switch.
Basically 3.7 is unusable for this machine.

I have been installing the pre-built kernels from
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/

In case lspci is interesting:
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor
Family DRAM Controller (rev 09)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation
Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200
Series Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 (rev 04)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset
Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 05)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset
Family PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev b5)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset
Family PCI Express Root Port 2 (rev b5)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset
Family PCI Express Root Port 4 (rev b5)
00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset
Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 (rev 05)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation QS67 Express Chipset Family LPC
Controller (rev 05)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series
Chipset Family 6 port SATA AHCI Controller (rev 05)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family
SMBus Controller (rev 05)
02:00.0 Network controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR9485
Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01)
03:00.0 USB controller: Fresco Logic Device 1009 (rev 02)

Let me know if there are some simple tests I can do, I'm not sure I'll
have time to bisect any time soon.

Thanks in advance,
Patrik