Date:	Sat, 03 Nov 2012 15:16:36 +0100
From:	Daniel Mack <zonque@...il.com>
To:	Christof Meerwald <cmeerw@...erw.org>
CC:	"Artem S. Tashkinov" <t.artem@...os.com>, pavel@....cz,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, netdev@...r.kernel.org,
	security@...nel.org, linux-media@...r.kernel.org,
	linux-usb@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: A reliable kernel panic (3.6.2) and system crash when visiting
 a particular website

On 03.11.2012 15:10, Christof Meerwald wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Oct 2012 23:15:17 +0000 (GMT), Artem S. Tashkinov wrote:
>> It's almost definitely either a USB driver bug or video4linux driver bug:
>>
>> I'm CC'ing linux-media and linux-usb mailing lists, the problem is described here:
>> https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/10/20/35
>> https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/10/20/148
>
> Not sure if it's related, but I am seeing a kernel freeze with a
> usb-audio headset (connected via an external USB hub) on Linux 3.5.0
> (Ubuntu 12.10) - see

Does Ubuntu 12.10 really ship with 3.5.0? Not any more recent

> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.voip.twinkle/3052 and
> http://pastebin.com/aHGe1S1X for a self-contained C test.

Some questions:

 - Are you seeing the same issue with 3.6.x?
 - If you can reproduce this issue, could you paste the messages in
dmesg when this happens? Do they resemble to the list corruption that
was reported?
 - Do you see the same problem with 3.4?
 - Are you able to apply the patch Alan Stern posted in this thread earlier?

We should really sort this out, but I unfortunately lack a system or
setup that shows the bug.

Thanks,
Daniel