Date:	Sat, 03 Nov 2012 20:04:58 +0100
From:	Ove Karlsen <ove.karlsen@...adoxuncreated.com>
To:	Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>
CC:	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	linux-rt-users <linux-rt-users@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] 3.6.5-rt14

Den 01.11.2012 21:57, skrev Thomas Gleixner:
> Dear RT Folks,
>
> I'm pleased to announce the 3.6.5-rt14 release. 3.6.4-rt12 is an
> intermediate release with a few changes. 3.6.5-rt13 is an update to
> 3.6.5 and 3.6.5-rt14 has a fix for my stupidity to release from the
> wrong tree missing a fix for x86-32.
>
> Changes since 3.6.3-rt11:
>
>     * Fix the fallout of preempt_lazy
>
>     * Add preempt_lazy support for ARM and POWERPC
>
>     * Fix a 32bit compile warning which got introduced with the
>       random fixes.
>
>     * Fix a missing lock conversion in the decive tree code
>
> The delta patch against 3.6.4-rt11 is can be found here:
>
>    http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/3.6/incr/patch-3.6.4-rt11-rt12.patch.xz
>
> The RT patch against 3.6.5 can be found here:
>
>    http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/3.6/patch-3.6.5-rt14.patch.xz
>
> The split quilt queue is available at:
>
>    http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/3.6/patches-3.6.5-rt14.tar.xz
>
> Enjoy,
>
> 	tglx
> --

Heya I see jitter is a focus on the RT patch.
I was wondering, what settings in features.h gives the least jitter? (I
am a real perfectionist)
Also what kind of threadpriorities gives the least jitter, particulary
with a focus on OpenGL? (Should some kernelthreads be reniced, for
instance softirqs etc)
And have you given consideration to the fact that most distros and OS
grow with some levels of bloat, and everyone can`t be an expert, so
maybe one shold consider a (scheduler) queue for "bloat", and one queue
for main app, so that even bloated distros can run with the jitteramount
of a highly specialized distro? (for instance
mainapp,service1,mainapp,service2,mainapp,service3), if bloat is on
queue 2. Or is thins kind of thinking already in batch, or idle?
--
Fred være med deg / Peace Be with You,
Ove Karlsen