Date:	Fri, 23 Nov 2012 10:44:23 +0100
From:	"azurIt" <azurit@...ox.sk>
To:	Michal Hocko <mhocko@...e.cz>
Cc:	<linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>, <linux-mm@...ck.org>,
Subject: Re: memory-cgroup bug

>On Fri 23-11-12 10:21:37, azurIt wrote:
>> >Either use gdb YOUR_VMLINUX and disassemble mem_cgroup_handle_oom or
>> >use objdump -d YOUR_VMLINUX and copy out only mem_cgroup_handle_oom
>> >function.
>> If 'YOUR_VMLINUX' is supposed to be my kernel image:
>>
>> # gdb vmlinuz-3.2.34-grsec-1
>> GNU gdb (GDB) 7.0.1-debian
>> Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>> License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
>> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
>> There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
>> and "show warranty" for details.
>> This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
>> For bug reporting instructions, please see:
>> <http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>...
>> "/root/bug/vmlinuz-3.2.34-grsec-1": not in executable format: File format not recognized
>>

>> # objdump -d vmlinuz-3.2.34-grsec-1
>
>You need vmlinux not vmlinuz...

ok, got it but still no luck:

# gdb vmlinux
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.0.1-debian
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
Reading symbols from /root/bug/dddddddd/vmlinux...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
(gdb) disassemble mem_cgroup_handle_oom
No symbol table is loaded.  Use the "file" command.

# objdump -d vmlinux | grep mem_cgroup_handle_oom
<no output>

i can recompile the kernel if anything needs to be added into it.

azur