Date:	Sat, 1 Dec 2012 23:39:13 +0100
From:	Thierry Reding <thierry.reding@...onic-design.de>
To:	Dave Airlie <airlied@...il.com>
Cc:	Terje Bergström <tbergstrom@...dia.com>,
	Lucas Stach <dev@...xeye.de>,
	Stephen Warren <swarren@...dotorg.org>,
	"linux-tegra@...r.kernel.org" <linux-tegra@...r.kernel.org>,
	"dri-devel@...ts.freedesktop.org" <dri-devel@...ts.freedesktop.org>,
Subject: Re: [RFC v2 1/8] video: tegra: Add nvhost driver

On Sun, Dec 02, 2012 at 07:42:06AM +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:
> Guys I think you guys might be overthniking things here.
>
> I know you have some sort of upstream/downstream split, but really in
> the upstream kernel, we don't care about that, so don't make it our
> problem.
>
> There is no need for any sort of stable API between host1x and the sub
> drivers, we change APIs in the kernel the whole time it isn't a
> problem.

Point taken. I was primarily concerned about needless churn during early
development. But given the latest discussions it has become clear that
there's no need to rush things and therefore we should be able to
resolve any potential issues that could result in churn before the first
patches are merged.

> You can put the code where you want, maybe just under drivers/gpu
> instead of drivers/video or drivers/gpu/drm, just make sure you have a
> path for it into the kernel.

drivers/gpu/host1x sounds like a good location to me. Does that still go
in via your tree?

Thierry