Date:	Mon, 10 Dec 2012 23:15:50 +0100
From:	Zlatko Calusic <zlatko.calusic@...on.hr>
To:	Borislav Petkov <bp@...en8.de>,
	Mel Gorman <mgorman@...e.de>,
	Johannes Weiner <hannes@...xchg.org>,
	Rik van Riel <riel@...hat.com>,
	linux-mm <linux-mm@...ck.org>,
	Hugh Dickins <hughd@...gle.com>
Subject: Re: kswapd craziness in 3.7

On 10.12.2012 22:54, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 01:47:23PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 1:42 PM, Borislav Petkov <bp@...en8.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Aren't we gonna consider the out-of-tree vbox modules being loaded and
>>> causing some corruptions like maybe the single-bit error above?
>>>
>>> I'm also thinking of this here: https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/10/6/317
>>
>> Yup, that looks more likely, I agree.
>
> @Zlatko: can your daughter try to retrigger the freeze without the vbox
> modules loaded?

Sure thing! :)

Although, the vbox modules were only loaded, no VM was running at the
time lockup happened. But, I've just read the whole thread you mention
above and I understand the concern. I'll make sure the vbox modules are
unloaded when not really needed (most of the time on that machine), in
case lockup happens again.

Next time my daughter plays online games, I'll tell her she's actually
serving a greater purpose, and let her take her time. :)
--
Zlatko