Date:	Wed,  9 Jan 2013 00:56:00 +0100
From:	Lubomir Rintel <lkundrak@...sk>
To:	David Woodhouse <dwmw2@...radead.org>,
	Ben Hutchings <ben@...adent.org.uk>,
	libertas-dev@...ts.infradead.org, linux-bluetooth@...r.kernel.org
Cc:	Marcel Holtmann <marcel@...tmann.org>,
	Gustavo Padovan <gustavo@...ovan.org>,
	Johan Hedberg <johan.hedberg@...il.com>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, lkundrak@...sk
Subject: sd8688 firmware location

Hi!

btmrvl_sdio and libertas_sdio both use firmware files sd8688.bin and
sd8688_helper.bin. In linux-firmware, they're present in libertas/ tree and
(since 3d32a58b) libertas_sdio perfers loading it from there, while it is able
to fallback to load it from linux-firmware root. btmrvl_sdio, on the other hand
only looks in the root and ends up not being successful.

Obviously, there are two solutions to the problem -- either teach btmrvl_sdio
to look into libertas/, or move the files in linux-firmware tree. I don't
really have a strong preference, though it probably makes less sense to keep in
in libertas/, since the bluetooth hardware is not really marketed as "Libertas."

I'm following up with patches to linux and linux-firmware and I'd be very
thankful if you could pick one (not both of them).

Have a nice day!
--
Lubomir Rintel       >o
                      (\)