Date:	Wed, 16 Jan 2013 11:10:06 +0100
From:	Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@...il.com>
To:	"Huang, Shane" <Shane.Huang@....com>
Cc:	Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@...ox.com>,
	"linux-ide@...r.kernel.org" <linux-ide@...r.kernel.org>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Aaron Lu <aaron.lu@...el.com>,
	linux-next <linux-next@...r.kernel.org>,
Subject: Re: [3.8-{rc1,rc2}] ata1.00: failed to get Identify Device Data,
 Emask 0x1

On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 3:20 AM, Huang, Shane <Shane.Huang@....com> wrote:
>> OK, I see the patch I mentioned to fix the problem was later reverted [1].
>> The real fix is "libata: replace sata_settings with devslp_timing" [2].
>
> Yes, please use [2] which can also be found in kernel bugzilla #51881
> and is pending on Jeff's acceptance. Sorry for the trouble to you guys.

[ CCing Linus ]

Thanks for taking care (my latest experiences on LKML/linux-next tell
me even this is no more the fact!)!

Your patch finally hit Linux-Next (next-20130116) and IIRC it is also
marked for previous Linux-kernel releases (CC -stable).
I have tested your patch as said also against Linux v3.8-rcX.

Unfortunately, the applied patch in Linux-Next does not contain any of
my desired Reported-by/Tested-by.
This makes me a bit unhappy, but I do NOT insist on it.

Mr. Torvalds himself pointed several times to all maintainers to
honour people - even they report and ideally report-and-test!

I am doing all my testings in my free-time and I am not paid for it.
I am raping my hardware here!
I can't do more than that!

- Sedat -