Date:	Wed, 20 Feb 2013 11:29:56 -0800
From:	Chris Li <lkml@...isli.org>
To:	Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter@...ll.ch>
Cc:	Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@...tuousgeek.org>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, robert.moore@...el.com,
	feng.tang@...el.com, len.brown@...el.com,
Subject: Re: i915 black screen introduced by ACPI changes

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 2:57 AM, Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter@...ll.ch> wrote:
> vgaarb is just about legacy VGA access routing, gpu switching is done
> with vgaswitcheroo (if you have such a platform). Still, it could be
> that the bios exposes different such interfaces with the differen acpi
> os name. Can you please check the dmesg of a working kernel (or attach
> it)?

It still sound odd that in the middle of the i915 modeset, the legacy VGA
access transfer to the Nvidia video card. I look at the 3.6 kernel there
is no such print out from vgaarb.

Here it is the dmesg from the FC18 live CD kernel. No black screen.

Chris

Download attachment "dmesg.good" of type "application/octet-stream" (80354 bytes)