Date:	Tue, 26 Feb 2013 20:46:25 -0600
From:	Rob Landley <rob@...dley.net>
To:	Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	stable@...r.kernel.org, Andi Kleen <ak@...ux.intel.com>,
	"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@...ux.intel.com>,
Subject: Re: [ 03/53] timeconst.pl: Eliminate Perl warning

On 02/26/2013 05:57:32 PM, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> 3.0-stable review patch.  If anyone has any objections, please let me
> know.
>
> ------------------
>
> From: "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@...ux.intel.com>
>
> commit 63a3f603413ffe82ad775f2d62a5afff87fd94a0 upstream.
>
> defined(@array) is deprecated in Perl and gives off a warning.
> Restructure the code to remove that warning.
>
> [ hpa: it would be interesting to revert to the timeconst.bc script.

Or, you know, the mktimeconst.c I've posted to this list several times
over the past few years as part of the perl removal series I maintain?
Most recently
http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1212.2/00729.html but
before that rather a lot of times (list at
http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1212.2/00734.html) and
the newest version of which is always at:

http://landley.net/hg/aboriginal/file/tip/sources/patches

I just updated them for 3.8. The mktimeconst one is attached to this
message.

(I'm told the balsa email program manages to break whitespace in
attachments. I'm aware how sad that is. I'm writing a darn python
script to send mail inline without doing that. I'll repost the series
with that. My first attempt at that script is why the posts I linked to
above have my name mangled. Working on it...)

Rob
View attachment "linux-noperl-timeconst.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (13161 bytes)