Date:	Mon, 11 Mar 2013 17:34:59 +0200
From:	Artem Bityutskiy <dedekind1@...il.com>
To:	linux-mtd@...ts.infradead.org
Cc:	linux-arm-kernel@...ts.infradead.org,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Dead mappings and drivers in MTD

Hi MTD folks,

we have huge amount of drivers, espacially mapping drives in
'drivers/mtd', and for sure may of them are for ancient devices which
are long dead and not supported by modern kernels anyway. I would like
to do a small clean-up. It is difficult to judge which ones are dead for
me, so I am asking the community to help. Thanks!

There are few easy cases - some drivers depend on Kconfig symbols which
are not defined anywhere - I guess these are clear candidates for
removal. For example this one:

config MTD_DBOX2
        tristate "CFI Flash device mapped on D-Box2"
        depends on DBOX2 && MTD_CFI_INTELSTD && MTD_CFI_INTELEXT && MTD_CFI_AMDSTD
        help
          This enables access routines for the flash chips on the Nokia/Sagem
          D-Box 2 board. If you have one of these boards and would like to use

Grepping for "DBOX2" gives nothing.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy