Date:	Tue, 16 Apr 2013 14:19:17 +0200
From:	Florian Weimer <fweimer@...hat.com>
To:	oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
CC:	Andy Lutomirski <luto@...capital.net>,
Subject: Re: [oss-security] Summary of security bugs (now fixed) in user namespaces

On 04/13/2013 07:16 PM, Andy Lutomirski wrote:
> I previously reported these bugs privatley.  I'm summarizing them for
> the historical record.  These bugs were never exploitable on a
> default-configured released kernel, but some 3.8 versions are
> vulnerable depending on configuration.

Looking at this list, is there some way to restrict this new
functionality to, say, membership in a certain group?  At present, most
system users (daemons) do not need this functionality, so it would make
sense to restrict access to it.

Or is the expectation that we disable CONFIG_USER_NS until things
stabilize further?