Date:	Fri, 19 Apr 2013 19:29:38 +0200
From:	Boszormenyi Zoltan <zboszor@...hu>
To:	Aaron Lu <aaron.lwe@...il.com>
CC:	lkml <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@...ox.com>, linux-ide@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: ahci driver cannot suspend a CF card, ata_piix can

Hi,

> On 04/16/2013 07:58 PM, Boszormenyi Zoltan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The SATA interface can be switched between AHCI and legacy modes as usual:
>>
>> 00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation NM10/ICH7 Family SATA
>> Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 02)
>>
>> The device attached to the SATA controller is always a CF card via a
>> SiI3811 Serial ATA to Parallel ATA Device Bridge based converter board.
>
> Can you please attach a normal sata disk and try again with the
> controller set to AHCI mode? I suspect it may be the SiI3811 bridge that
> caused this command.
>
> Thanks,
> Aaron

Unfortunately, there's no way for me to open the box at the moment.
This particular computer is very compact and the screws are very tight.
All the interesting devices are sealed behind its touchscreen.

But: how comes that by using the ata_piix, the SUSPEND IMMEDIATE
ATA command succeeds? Is it sent at all using the legacy mode?

Thanks,
Zoltán Böszörményi