Date:	Mon, 13 May 2013 16:08:19 +0000
From:	"R, Durgadoss" <durgadoss.r@...el.com>
To:	"Greg KH (gregkh@...uxfoundation.org)" <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>
CC:	"linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org" <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	"Linux PM list (linux-pm@...r.kernel.org)" <linux-pm@...r.kernel.org>,
	"Wysocki, Rafael J" <rafael.j.wysocki@...el.com>
Subject: RE: Kobject_uevent in cpufreq.c

I want to update the permission of a cpufreq sysfs interface (scaling_*)
of a cpu (say cpu1) when the cpu resumes from suspend (s3).
I am trying to do this by listening to the uevent (sent by cpufreq.c,
when a cpu resumes) through udev.

For example,
chmod user:user /sys/devices/system/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

But I am not able to receive this event in udev, because kobject_uevent()
call fails due to the above-mentioned reason (i.e filter function)
I am trying to see how to make the kobject_uevent() call succeed,
so that I can change the permission as mentioned above.

The on/offline events come only when I manually do a
echo 0 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online
They don't come when the cpu resumes from suspend(s3)

[I checked this in code. Looks like during resume, the call flow
does not hit cpu.c, where this KOBJ_ONLINE is being sent]

Thanks,
Durga