Date:	Mon, 17 Jun 2013 17:13:41 -0500
From:	Matthew Thode <mthode@...ode.org>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: setting the kernel log console at runtime

I have a server I wish to debug, but wish to set the console at runtime
(I boot with it set, but it gets reset somehow).

I boot with the following on the cmdline
console=ttyS1 console=ttyS0 console=ttyS2 console=tty0

But end up with the following in /proc/consoles (I need to log to ttyS0
in particular).
tty0                 -WU (EC p  )    4:1
netcon0              -W- (E     )
ttyS1                -W- (E  p a)    4:65

Here's my printk just in case you ask as well :D
8	4	1	7

How would I go about setting the kernel log console without a reboot?

--
-- Matthew Thode

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (837 bytes)