Date:	Sat, 13 Jul 2013 13:14:44 +0900
From:	Satoru Takeuchi <satoru.takeuchi@...il.com>
To:	Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, torvalds@...ux-foundation.org,
	akpm@...ux-foundation.org, stable@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [ 00/19] 3.10.1-stable review

At Thu, 11 Jul 2013 15:01:17 -0700,
Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:

> <rant>
>   I'm sitting on top of over 170 more patches that have been marked for
>   the stable releases right now that are not included in this set of
>   releases.  The fact that there are this many patches for stable stuff
>   that are waiting to be merged through the main -rc1 merge window cycle
>   is worrying to me.
>
>   Why are subsystem maintainers holding on to fixes that are
>   _supposedly_ affecting all users?  I mean, 21 powerpc core changes
>   that I don't see until a -rc1 merge?  It's as if developers don't
>   expect people to use a .0 release and are relying on me to get the
>   fixes they have burried in their trees out to users.  That's not that
>   nice.  6 "core" iscsi-target fixes?  That's the sign of either a
>   broken subsystem maintainer, or a lack of understanding what the
>   normal -rc kernel releases are supposed to be for.
>
>   So, I've picked through the patches and dug out only those that I've
>   "guessed" at being more important than others for the 3.10.1 release.
>   I'll get to the rest of these after 3.11-rc1 is out, and eventually
>   they will make it into the stable releases, but I am going to be much
>   more strict as to what is being added (carriage return changes for
>   debug messages, really ACPI developers?)
>
> </rant>
>
> This is the start of the stable review cycle for the 3.10.1 release.
> There are 19 patches in this series, all will be posted as a response
> to this one.  If anyone has any issues with these being applied, please
> let me know.

> Anything received after that time might be too late.

This kernel can be built and boot without any problem.
Building a kernel with this kernel also works fine.

 - Build Machine: debian jessy x86_64
   CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz x 4
   memory: 8GB

 - Test machine: debian jessy x86_64(KVM guest on the Build Machine)
   vCPU: x2
   memory: 2GB

Thanks,
Satoru