Date:	Wed, 17 Jul 2013 00:11:20 +0200
From:	Willy Tarreau <w@....eu>
To:	Sarah Sharp <sarah.a.sharp@...ux.intel.com>
Cc:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>,
	Rusty Russell <rusty@...tcorp.com.au>,
	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...nel.org>,
	Guenter Roeck <linux@...ck-us.net>,
	Steven Rostedt <rostedt@...dmis.org>,
	Dave Jones <davej@...hat.com>,
	stable <stable@...r.kernel.org>,
	Darren Hart <dvhart@...ux.intel.com>,
	Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@...hat.com>,
	"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@...k.pl>
Subject: Re: [ 00/19] 3.10.1-stable review

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 02:08:56PM -0700, Sarah Sharp wrote:
> Rusty hit the nail on the head here.  I want everyone (including Linus)
> to be harsh with code but gentle with people.

Just as a side note Sarah, in some cultures/languages, "I want" is
extremely impolite, almost insulting to your interlocutor. In France,
if you want to quickly upset someone, simply say "I want you to do this
or that". The polite form is "I would like you to do that", "I would
appreciate..." or "let's do that", and when you're slightly upset or
in a hurry, better simply say "do that" without putting yourself
prominently as the one who has some unexplained reasons for demanding
something.

With that said, this thread has probably lived too long. I think we're
starting to fuck flies, and once we won't have any living flies left,
someone will have to bring new files, and it's certainly not me.

Regards,
Willy