Date:	Mon, 19 Aug 2013 09:25:35 +0100
From:	David Woodhouse <dwmw2@...radead.org>
To:	"John W. Linville" <linville@...driver.com>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, linux-efi@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: UEFI Plugfest 2013 -- New Orleans

On Fri, 2013-08-16 at 11:20 -0400, John W. Linville wrote:
> All,
>
> The Linux Foundation and The UEFI Forum are hosting a UEFI Plugfest
> event in New Orleans on September 19-20, 2013.  This event will run
> concurrent with Linux Plumbers Conference, just after LinuxCon at the
> Hyatt Regency New Orleans.

Hm. It would be really useful to have a kernel build option which
*disables* all the workarounds we've ever put in for broken firmware.

Every deviation from the spec (or common sense), however minor, should
show up as a clear failure. Even the ones we *have* been able to work
around, because we still want them *fixed*.

And there's a school of thought that says we should brick as many
Samsung machines as possible, if they actually turn up without having
fixed that. A stress test for the NV storage is actually a really good
idea...

--
dwmw2

Download attachment "smime.p7s" of type "application/x-pkcs7-signature" (5745 bytes)