Date:	Tue, 10 Sep 2013 21:48:54 -0400
From:	Waiman Long <waiman.long@...com>
To:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
CC:	Mace Moneta <moneta.mace@...il.com>,
	Josh Boyer <jwboyer@...il.com>,
	Al Viro <viro@...iv.linux.org.uk>,
	"Linux-Kernel@...r. Kernel. Org" <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: kernel BUG at fs/dcache.c:648! with v3.11-7890-ge5c832d

On 09/10/2013 04:25 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Mace Moneta<moneta.mace@...il.com>  wrote:
>> The (first) patch looks good; no recurrence. It has only taken 3-5 minutes
>> before, and I've been up for about half an hour now.
> Ok, good. It's pushed out.
>
> Al, your third pile of VFS stuff is also merged. Waiman, that means
> that your RCU path creation stuff is in. What else did you have
> pending for scalability?
>
>                  Linus

I need to clean up some comments in the code. The other thing that I
want to do is to introduce read_seqlock/read_sequnlock() primitives that
do the locking without incrementing the sequence number. Then all the
name lookup and translation code can use the new primitives as they
don't change any of the protected structures. This will prevent one
sequence number check failure from cascading into a series of failures
because of the sequence number change. I will have a patch ready by
tomorrow morning.

Regards,
Longman