Date:	Thu, 19 Sep 2013 10:26:17 -0400
From:	Curtis Taylor <yamahabob28@...il.com>
To:	<linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: How to duplicate arbitrary process via an LKM

Hello all,

I'm wondering if it's possible to create an LKM that can take an arbitrary
process, removes it from the run queue, duplicates it, and re-runs it with
it's new PID. I would like to see the functionality of a simple user space
fork() but I don't want to edit the application's source code.

I'm new to writing kernel code and after looking at a kernel dev book, it
looks like the system calls clone or do_fork would be what I would leverage
for this. The problem is that clone expects some user space data data in
order to work, but maybe it's possible I could look at the task struct and
figure out everything I need?

Please 'cc' me with responses as I'm not on the mailing list.

Thanks in advance!