Date:	Thu, 10 Oct 2013 12:57:03 +0200
From:	Thierry Reding <thierry.reding@...il.com>
To:	Jason Cooper <jason@...edaemon.net>
Cc:	Sebastian Hesselbarth <sebastian.hesselbarth@...il.com>,
	Ezequiel Garcia <ezequiel.garcia@...e-electrons.com>,
	linux-next@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the mvebu tree

On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 10:37:27AM -0400, Jason Cooper wrote:
> Thierry,
>
> On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 04:14:27PM +0200, Thierry Reding wrote:
> > Today's linux-next merge of the mvebu tree got conflicts in
>
> I looked in your scripts repo, and couldn't find the script you use to
> send out this email thread :(

Well, that's because I'm doing them manually.

> Since I can't create a patch, I'll just ask, could you include the
> commit id of the branch you pulled in the email?
>
> eg:
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the mvebu tree (477cdaf) got conflicts in
>
> I had uploaded a new for-next branch less than 30 minutes before you
> sent this out, so I wasn't sure which you were working with.  Not a big
> deal, just thought I'd pass along the idea for the next time you're
> tweaking your scripts.

It should be possible to extend the Next/fetch script with something
that writes the SHA1 of each tree to a file. Stephen's linux-next trees
contain such a file (Next/SHA1s). I'll see if I can find the time to
update my scripts to do the same. That won't make it magically appear in
the notification email, but I can probably remember to do that in the
future.

Thanks,
Thierry