Date:	Mon, 28 Oct 2013 14:05:11 +0100
From:	Henrik Austad <henrik@...tad.us>
To:	Jiri Kosina <jkosina@...e.cz>, Rob Landley <rob@...dley.net>
Cc:	linux-doc@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Updating 00-INDEX in Documentation/*

Hi Rob, Jiri

If this email goes the wrong place, my sincere apologies, my asbestos
underwear can be quickly donned!

I've been reading through some of the docs and one thing that has struct
me, is that there is a certain degree of bitrot (textrot?). Almost every
category has an outdated 00-INDEX. A couple of indexes has been updated
(thanks for applying Jiri!), but more remains.

This is obviously not the most important job to undertake, but it
serves as a very convenient starting-point when exploring a given topic.

Hacking away at python shows me that of the 254 subfolders 57 has outdated
00-INDEX, either with missing files, or files that has been removed. (see
list below)

Now, I'm quite happy to start fixing this, but what I would like to know
before I start:

- is it considered a waste of time? i.e. will it be worth the time
- what is best, a single, big patch, or a series of one patch per
  directory?
- or should someone(tm) kick whoever caused 00-INDEX to be outdated, to fix
  it?

thanks!