Date:	Wed, 30 Oct 2013 10:44:32 +0800
From:	"LF.Tan" <lftan.linux@...il.com>
To:	linux-pci@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: BUG_ON(irq_has_action(entry->irq + i)) in free_msi_irqs()

Hi all

I am new in PCI and now working on MSI support on our PCIe host
driver. I have an endpoint driver requests for a MSI interrupt. When
the endpoint driver try to free the interrupt, it cause the kernel
BUG_ON() message is printed out.

The software flow:
Endpoint driver --> pci_disable_msi -->free_msi_irqs -->
BUG_ON(irq_has_action(entry->irq + i));

I have checked desc->action in irq_has_action(), it is non-zero.
It is running on ARM platform. CONFIG_GENERIC_HARDIRQS is turn on by default.

Anyone how to fix this issue? Thanks.

static void free_msi_irqs(struct pci_dev *dev)
{
        struct msi_desc *entry, *tmp;

        list_for_each_entry(entry, &dev->msi_list, list) {
                int i, nvec;

                if (!entry->irq)
                        continue;
                nvec = 1 << entry->msi_attrib.multiple;
#ifdef CONFIG_GENERIC_HARDIRQS
                for (i = 0; i < nvec; i++)
                        BUG_ON(irq_has_action(entry->irq + i));
#endif
        }
}

static inline int irq_has_action(unsigned int irq)
{
         struct irq_desc *desc = irq_to_desc(irq);
        return desc->action != NULL;
}

Regards
LF Tan