Date:	Thu, 31 Oct 2013 16:50:31 +0800
From:	Chen Gang <gang.chen@...anux.com>
To:	Vineet Gupta <Vineet.Gupta1@...opsys.com>
CC:	Francois Bedard <Francois.Bedard@...opsys.com>,
	"jeremy.bennett@...ecosm.com" <jeremy.bennett@...ecosm.com>,
	Claudiu Zissulescu <Claudiu.Zissulescu@...opsys.com>,
	joern Rennecke <joern.rennecke@...ecosm.com>
Subject: Re: [Suggestion] arc: compiler: bug: about an arc compiler's bug
 which is not in gcc main source code.

On 10/31/2013 03:48 PM, Vineet Gupta wrote:
> Hi Chen,
>
> Many thanks for all your efforts so far.

Since I need provide contribution to Public Open Source, so what I have
done is what I should do. :-)

In fact, I really need improve myself: e.g. how to make negative effect
lowest (e.g. how to let more members pleased with what I have done), how
to improve efficiency (make my waste mail lower) ...

> Most of your patches have already been folded into ARC for 3.13. I will send out
> the patches for some of the cross-arch changes in next development cycle as
> currently I need to finish up a few things for upcoming merge window.

OK, thanks.

> We are actively working on toolchain issues and hopefully the fixes will make it
> into next formal release of tools. Please check back in few weeks.

OK, I will/should focus.

And for gcc issue #27, I shrank the demo source file is about 1K lines
(shrank from 50K lines to 1K lines), although it is still a big file
which can be shrunk more.

And excuse me, I don't know how to past this file on this website, so I
load it as attachment, please check.

Thanks.
--
Chen Gang

View attachment "target_core_pr.i.shrink3.line_1K.i" of type "text/plain" (35543 bytes)