Date:	Wed, 18 Dec 2013 21:59:22 +0100
From:	"MPhil. Emanoil Kotsev" <Emanoil.Kotsev@...com.at>
To:	Borislav Petkov <bp@...en8.de>
Cc:	intel-gfx@...ts.freedesktop.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	Daniel Vetter <daniel@...ll.ch>
Subject: Re: [Intel-gfx] kernel 3.11.6 general protection fault

Hi again,
sorry for writing  after such long time of silence, but I was busy with one
project (and family as well)

On Sunday 17 November 2013 21:05:46 you wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 05:45:18PM +0100, MPhil. Emanoil Kotsev wrote:
> > How - new libraries - more exhaustive algorythms - higher cpu usage
> > etc. Some of the things M$ is doing on purpose to force you upgrade
> > your hardware every 2-3years
>
> That would be too easy and machines would be dying left and right of
> overheating. Actually, sane hardware is much more robust than that and
> it throttles itself in case of critical temperature levels. And, IMHO
> your Dell Latitude D520 should be fine, in that respect. But we'll see.

I was able to solve the issue by removing some of the modules I had in
xorg.conf.
I noticed that it is not the cpu that is overheating, but rather the
video/graphic card. The area around the "Dell" logo on the front of the
display is still pretty hot, but the system seem to be working fine now and I
can not reproduce the issue any more.
Someone would ask why I'm using the xorg.conf. The reason is because without
it X automatically loads the GL direver for 3d support and I am not able to
use second display.
Perhaps it is worth trying latest intel driver as susggested before. However
with the current one it is working fine, so I would consider the issue as
solved.

I would like to thank you for your precious support and ideas once again.

regards