Date:	Mon, 06 Jan 2014 11:43:23 +0200
From:	Ivaylo Dimitrov <ivo.g.dimitrov.75@...il.com>
To:	cmahapatra@...com
CC:	Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@...com>,
	"pali.rohar@...il.com" <pali.rohar@...il.com>,
	"pavel@....cz" <pavel@....cz>,
Subject: OMAPDSS: DISPC: horizontal timing too tight errors

Hi,

commit 7faa92339bbb1e6b9a80983b206642517327eb75 "OMAPDSS: DISPC: Handle
synclost errors in OMAP3" introduces some limits check to prevent
SYNCLOST errors on OMAP3 in a specific usecase. The problem I see here
(on Nokia N900, Maemo 5, linux 3.13-rc6, DSP accel video decoding) is
that those checks effectively prevent fullscreen video playback of
anything above lets say 640x350 with "horizontal timing too tight"
errors spit in dmesg log. If I hack check_horiz_timing_omap3 function to
always return true, I can happily play videos up to (and including) 720p
resolutions, with no SYNCLOST errors.

So, a couple of questions:

Where do the values in static const u8 limits[3] come from? Are those
documented somewhere?

Commit message says "This code is written based on code written by Ville
Syrjälä <ville.syrjala@...ia.com> in Linux OMAP kernel.", is that code
publicly available and where (if it is).

Besides compiling DSS driver with DEBUG enabled and providing the log
(yeah, I know I should've done it already and have the logs included in
this mail, but... :) ), is there anything else I can do to find the
culprit for those errors.

Regards,
Ivo