Date:	Thu, 16 Jan 2014 08:49:38 +0700
From:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To:	One Thousand Gnomes <gnomes@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk>,
	Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@...ux.intel.com>,
	Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@...aro.org>,
	Paul Drews <paul.drews@...el.com>,
	"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rafael.j.wysocki@...el.com>,
	Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter@...ll.ch>,
	Dave Airlie <airlied@...il.com>
Subject: Baytrail problems (was Re: Linux 3.13-rc8)

Adding in the appropriate people...

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 7:01 PM, One Thousand Gnomes
<gnomes@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:

> It seems to hate Baytrail/T
>
> My ASUS T100TA has gone from 3.11 'needs video=VGA-1:blah' to get the mode
> right but otherwise running nicely and playing 3D games to 3.13-rc8
>
> - crashes and burns during boot if the Baytrail pinctrl driver is compiled
>   in

Andy, Paul? The changes to the pinctrl driver since 3.11 look trivial,
but I guess the GPIO and ACPI ID addition ends up also enabling all
the old code that Alan probably never ran in 3.11 because the driver
didn't trigger on his machine.

Alan, do you have a crash picture/log?

> - i915 console doesn't work

Daniel/Dave?

> - X can be kind of hacked to work by adding mode lines wit xrandr and
>   turning the vga back on
>
> Bugs filed on both issues. The pinctrl one is nasty as it makes the i915
> driver crash during initialisation, so the only way you can debug it is
> pretty much a USB debug cable.
>
> Without pinctrl the crash goes away but the display still doesn't work.

Thanks,

              Linus