Date:	Wed, 22 Jan 2014 09:47:26 -0800
From:	Joe Perches <joe@...ches.com>
To:	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...nel.org>
Cc:	hpa@...or.com, alan@...ux.intel.com, acme@...hat.com,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, torvalds@...ux-foundation.org,
	peterz@...radead.org, paulmck@...ux.vnet.ibm.com,
	akpm@...ux-foundation.org, tglx@...utronix.de,
	linux-tip-commits@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [tip:core/urgent] MAINTAINERS: Restore "L:
 linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org" entries

On Wed, 2014-01-22 at 18:36 +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * Joe Perches <joe@...ches.com> wrote:
>
> > Your main argument is that some people don't cc lkml
> > because section entries don't specify it explicitly.
>
> No, my main argument continues to be that having a 'at a glance'
> contact summary _in a single place_ is eminently useful to humans,
> because it's so simple:

I don't doubt simplicity is good.

> You never even
> _acknowledged_ my main point, let alone countered it successfully.

There's no 'counter' to it.

You simply don't seem to agree that some people will
choose _not_ to cc lkml when some sections have it and
others sections don't.

> Hence you came up with this false 'conclusion' prematurely and
> presented it with baseless, cocky self-confidence.

> What an annoyingly unproductive waste of time.

Any discussion where someone disagrees with you seems
to end with you asserting that.  I doubt it's true.

> Thanks,

Anytime.

cheers, Joe