Date:	Fri, 24 Jan 2014 15:07:02 +0400
From:	Roman Gushchin <klamm@...dex-team.ru>
To:	Michal Hocko <mhocko@...e.cz>, linux-mm@...ck.org,
	Johannes Weiner <hannes@...xchg.org>,
	KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki <kamezawa.hiroyu@...fujitsu.com>
CC:	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>, Ying Han <yinghan@...gle.com>,
	Hugh Dickins <hughd@...gle.com>,
	Michel Lespinasse <walken@...gle.com>,
	Greg Thelen <gthelen@...gle.com>,
	KOSAKI Motohiro <kosaki.motohiro@...fujitsu.com>,
	Tejun Heo <tj@...nel.org>
Subject: Re: [RFC 0/4] memcg: Low-limit reclaim

Hi, Michal!

As you can remember, I've proposed to introduce low limits about a year ago.

We had a small discussion at that time: http://marc.info/?t=136195226600004 .

Since that time we intensively use low limits in our production
(on thousands of machines). So, I'm very interested to merge this
functionality into upstream.

In my experience, low limits also require some changes in memcg page accounting
policy. For instance, an application in protected cgroup should have a guarantee
that it's filecache belongs to it's cgroup and is protected by low limit
therefore. If the filecache was created by another application in other cgroup,
it can be not so. I've solved this problem by implementing optional page
reaccouting on pagefaults and read/writes.

I can prepare my current version of patchset, if someone is interested.

Regards,
Roman