Date:	Fri, 07 Feb 2014 15:46:26 +0100
From:	Mike Galbraith <bitbucket@...ine.de>
To:	Sebastian Andrzej Siewior <bigeasy@...utronix.de>
Cc:	linux-rt-users <linux-rt-users@...r.kernel.org>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>, rostedt@...dmis.org,
	John Kacur <jkacur@...hat.com>
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] 3.12.9-rt13

On Fri, 2014-02-07 at 09:57 +0100, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
> * Mike Galbraith | 2014-02-04 16:03:38 [+0100]:
>
> >On Mon, 2014-02-03 at 20:48 +0100, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
> >
> >> Known issues:
> >
> >> Mike said that it caused two of his 64 CPUs to spin for five minutes
> >>         doing nothing. Therefore it is disabled in the queue. Everyone
> >>         who wants test it may do so :)
> >
> >I put rt13 on an 8 socket Opetron (48 core) box, with patch enabled.  It
> >box did NOT reproduce the hangs the 8 socket (1 node, bleh) DL980 did.
> >
> >Nor did it explode running hotplug stress, but then it deadlocks before
> >BOOM would have happened on the DL980.  kdump isn't working properly on
> >this box (not an rt issue, userspace), so..
>
> Okay, so this is at some point good news. Thank you.

I've been letting other big boxen play around the clock distro build
slave and whatnot, with no sign of trouble.

I'm raising an eyebrow in the general direction of DL980 test box.  Its
microscopic, and more importantly, unsupported, memory configuration
might be more than a mere performance hindrance.

-Mike