Date:	Fri, 14 Feb 2014 14:57:41 +0100
From:	Takashi Iwai <tiwai@...e.de>
To:	Jeff Chua <jeff.chua.linux@...il.com>
Cc:	Peter Hurley <peter@...leysoftware.com>,
	lkml <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Dave Airlie <airlied@...hat.com>
Subject: Re: Lenovo X240 (haswell) suspend-to-ram hangs on 3-14.0-rc2

At Fri, 14 Feb 2014 21:46:25 +0800,
Jeff Chua wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 1:28 AM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai@...e.de> wrote:
> > At Thu, 13 Feb 2014 12:14:58 -0500,  Peter Hurley wrote:
> > Apparently there's no maintainer but I've cc'ed people who might
> > have a clue about this.
>
> Peter ... thanks for pointer.
>
> > On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 1:28 AM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai@...e.de> wrote:
> > Is it a Intel+Nvidia hybrid?  If so, does it happen even with
> > CONFIG_VGA_SWITCHEROO=n?
>
> It's not Intel+Nvidia. It's Intel Core i7-4600U 2.1 GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4400.

OK.  Then it's a different thing as I expected.

The other possible change in hda_intel.c is the enablement of runtime
PM for Panther Point.  But it's been working for other chips, so
wondering why it hits anything.  In anyway, please give the full
Oops messages not only the stack trace.

> I checked my config. CONFIG_VGA_SWITCHEROO is not set.
>
> On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 5:21 AM, Theodore Ts'o <tytso@....edu> wrote:
> > For what it's worth, I have a the X240's bigger brother --- a T540p
> > (with intel graphics and the 3k panel) running 3.14-rc2, and
> > suspend-to-ram is working without any problems on my laptop.
>
> Interesting. Perhaps it's the USB options. I had these set to "y"
>
> CONFIG_USB_XHCI_HCD=y
> CONFIG_USB_EHCI_HCD=y
> CONFIG_USB_EHCI_ROOT_HUB_TT=y
> CONFIG_USB_EHCI_TT_NEWSCHED=y
> CONFIG_USB_EHCI_PCI=y
>
> Again, These same config works find on X230. It's very strange. The
> same hard disk (SSD) can suspend-to-ram on the X230 but not on the
> X240. The X230 has i7-3520M vs X240 i7-4600U.

Any difference in the sound hardware, i.e. PCI controller and codec
chips?

> I've even tried with all the USB set to "n" and still couldn't S2D.

Do you mean S2R?  I thought the bug is about S3?

Takashi