Date:	Thu, 20 Feb 2014 15:21:03 -0600
From:	Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@...inger.net>
To:	Alan Stern <stern@...land.harvard.edu>
CC:	linux-usb@...r.kernel.org, LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Jes Sorensen <Jes.Sorensen@...hat.com>
Subject: Warning from USC core on kernel 3.13

Alan,

The Lenovo Yogi 13 tablet comes with a Realtek RTL8723AU wireless device built
in. Realtek sent me a driver that I modified so that it would build on new
kernels, and created a GitHub repo so that it would be available to the
community. One of the users of this driver is reporting intermittent warnings
that say

WARNING: CPU: 1 PID: 0 at drivers/usb/core/urb.c:452 usb_submit_urb+0x205/0x5d0()
usb 1-1.4: BOGUS urb xfer, pipe 3 != type 1

The full splat is available at http://pastebin.com/VcFPd4Yt.

As no other user has reported this problem, I think this is some kind of problem
with the wireless device or the adapter on this box. Even so, I would like to
know more about what is happening. In addition, Jes Sorensen at RedHat is
working on making the driver suitable for submission to the staging part of the
tree. Just in case other uses run into the problem, it would be good to know if
a fix is possible.

Can you suggest any addition logging for when this situation occurs? The user is
generating his own kernels, thus we can add any patches we want.

Thanks,

Larry