Date:	Thu, 24 Apr 2014 11:31:16 -0400
From:	"J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@...ldses.org>
To:	Trond Myklebust <trond.myklebust@...marydata.com>
Cc:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>,
	Devel FS Linux <linux-fsdevel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Layton Jeff <jlayton@...hat.com>
Subject: Re: nfsd bug fixes for 3.15

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 06:51:03AM -0400, Trond Myklebust wrote:
> Hi Bruce,
>
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 2:25 AM, J. Bruce Fields <bfields@...ldses.org> wrote:
> > Please pull the following bug fixes for 3.15 from:
> >
> >   git://linux-nfs.org/~bfields/linux.git for-3.15
> >
> > Three small nfsd bugfixes (including one locks.c fix for a bug triggered
> > only from nfsd).
> >
> > Jeff's patches are for long-existing problems that became easier to
> > trigger since the addition of vfs delegation support.
> >
> > --b.

> > J. Bruce Fields (1):
> >       Revert "nfsd4: fix nfs4err_resource in 4.1 case"
> >

> Wait. Why?

Have you changed your mind since our previous discussion, or just
forgotten it?  (Or did I screw up and revert the wrong commit?)  See

	http://mid.gmane.org/<BAD6904F-A82A-4FBC-807F-16560B2A23E0@...marydata.com>

> NFS4ERR_RESOURCE breaks the Linux client.

This returns us to pre-3.15 behavior so shouldn't introduce any new
breakage.

Fundamentally the problem is that we're returning an error in cases that
shouldn't succeed, and rather than replacing one incorrect error by
another it seemed better to wait for a proper fix.

--b.