Date:	Tue, 29 Apr 2014 22:16:41 +0200
From:	Pali Rohár <pali.rohar@...il.com>
To:	Shaohua Li <shaohua.li@...el.com>, Len Brown <lenb@...nel.org>,
	"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@...ysocki.net>
Cc:	linux-acpi@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: bug: acpi ata_bay dock reminds undocked

Hello,

I have problem with sysfs entry docked

/sys/bus/platform/devices/dock.0/docked

for my media bay DVD drive on notebook Dell Latitude E6440.

After booting linux kernel docked is set to 1 (which is correct,
DVD hw is inserted into sata dock). When I undock it via sysfs
entry

/sys/bus/platform/devices/dock.0/undock

then kernel remove DVD device from system (no /dev/sr0 anymore)
and docked sysfs entry is set to 0.

When I press eject button on DVD drive, I hear some spin up and
kernel detect DVD device again (also udev create /dev/sr0). But
docked sysfs entry remains set to 0. It will never be set back to
1 - only after reboot.

So this looks like bug somewhere and probably in linux acpi dock
driver... Do you know to solve this problem? More applications
checking docked sysfs entry for dock presence and returning 0
will mislead them.

Here is some info from sysfs about dock:

$ grep "" /sys/bus/platform/devices/dock.0/*
/sys/bus/platform/devices/dock.0/docked:0
/sys/bus/platform/devices/dock.0/flags:32
/sys/bus/platform/devices/dock.0/modalias:acpi:LNXIOBAY:
/sys/bus/platform/devices/dock.0/type:ata_bay
/sys/bus/platform/devices/dock.0/uevent:MODALIAS=acpi:LNXIOBAY:

If you need some more info let me know. I would be happy to have
working docked sysfs entry.

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar@...il.com

Download attachment "signature.asc " of type "application/pgp-signature" (199 bytes)