Date:	Tue, 13 May 2014 13:22:57 +0200
From:	Christian König <christian.koenig@....com>
To:	Ken Moffat <zarniwhoop@...world.com>
CC:	Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@...il.com>,
	<linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: More breakage on HD7480D [ Aruba ]

Please try the attached patch it should fix your problem.

Thanks allot for this bug report, that was just a stupid typo in the
original patch which would probably went unnoticed for years otherwise.

Christian.

Am 12.05.2014 18:32, schrieb Ken Moffat:
> On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 09:32:54AM +0200, Christian König wrote:
>> Hi Ken,
>>
>> *sigh* did I already mentioned that I hate PLLs? As soon as you fix
>> something another use case immediately starts to break.
>>
>> Please provide dmesg output created with drm.debug=0xe with and without the
>> patch breaking it.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Christian.
>>
>   The reverted version is from linus's tree after -rc5 with the patch
> reverted, I assume the version -00010-gc9a25d0fc393 will NOT match
> any public tree because I used git revert in a local branch.  That
> one works fine.
>
>   The bad version is from a random kernel which showed the problem
> while I was bisecting, in this case rc2-00086.  I first tried
> booting vanilla rc5, but for some reason my blind attempt to login
> and run 'dmesg >dmesg.bad' failed.
>
>   Thanks.  Sorry you are having to deal with PLLs.
>
> ĸen

View attachment "0001-drm-radeon-fix-typo-in-finding-PLL-params.patch" of type "text/x-diff" (1186 bytes)