Date:	Tue, 20 May 2014 13:59:05 +0000
From:	Felipe Franciosi <felipe.franciosi@...rix.com>
To:	'Vitaly Kuznetsov' <vkuznets@...hat.com>
CC:	Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@...cle.com>,
	"axboe@...nel.dk" <axboe@...nel.dk>,
	"gregkh@...uxfoundation.org" <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>,
	"stable@...r.kernel.org" <stable@...r.kernel.org>,
	"jerry.snitselaar@...cle.com" <jerry.snitselaar@...cle.com>,
	"xen-devel@...ts.xenproject.org" <xen-devel@...ts.xenproject.org>,
	"Roger Pau Monne" <roger.pau@...rix.com>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Backport request to stable of two performance
 related fixes for xen-blkfront (3.13 fixes to earlier trees)

I had a small side-bar thread with Vitaly discussing the comprehensiveness of his measurements and how his tests are being conducted. He will report new results as they become available.

In the meantime, I stand behind that the patches need to be backported and there is a regression if we don't do that.
Ubuntu has already provided a test kernel with the patches pulled in.  I will test those as soon as I get the chance (hopefully by the end of the week).
See: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1319003

Felipe