Date:	Wed, 4 Jun 2014 14:22:58 -0700
From:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To:	Peter Zijlstra <peterz@...radead.org>
Cc:	Davidlohr Bueso <davidlohr@...com>, Ingo Molnar <mingo@...nel.org>,
	"Paul E. McKenney" <paulmck@...ibm.com>,
	Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>,
	Peter Anvin <hpa@...or.com>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] locking tree changes for v3.16

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 10:22 AM, Peter Zijlstra <peterz@...radead.org> wrote:

> I _think_ tip/locking/core is empty and you could pull that into your
> tree without getting tons of extra weird stuff, but if you prefer a tree
> based on your git tree I'll have to do some manual stuff but that is
> certainly possible.

I'd actually prefer against something like the v3.15-rc8 tag, just so
that the tree is otherwise "pristine".

> Also, this 'obviously' does not have the normal tip build coverage,
> because I usually rely on the tip build robots to do that. But it does
> build and run for all my local machines.

It would be great to have Davidlohr go over it too, and if possible
have it run through the build robots. I'll pull it tomorrow or Friday
if everything looks fine, and then we'll hopefully have this issue
mostly closed.

             Linus